Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Simon Says...........Christmas of Joy

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is Christmas, and my teamies and I are playing with Penny Black products.  I have always been partial to their beautiful bird stamps, and so I decided to use 2 older ones for my post today, and coincidentally, both cards also use one of my favorite sentiment words, "Joy"!


supplies: white and Schoolhouse Red cardstock, Penny Black Nature's Best cling stamp and Joy to the World die, alcohol markers to color, red pearls

My 2nd card features a collage-style wood stamp, another style of stamp that Penny Black does very well:



supplies: ivory, green, and copper glitter card stock, and a panel of patterned paper for my stash, old paper distress ink, Penny Black Song of Joy wood stamp, Zig markers to color, copper watercolor paint for hanging star, tiny gold sequin for center of star, Wplus9 Hand Lettered Holiday die, adhesive foam to pop up star

I stamped and embossed the image on ivory cardstock, then used my Zig markers to color in the greenery, bird, and berries.  Next I sponged the panel with old paper distress ink before framing it in a green card stock, and mounting that onto my patterned panel.  I separately stamped the star/ornament and watercolored it with a copper pearlescent paint to match the sentiment that was die-cut from copper glitter paper, and popped that above the card, adding a teensy sequin to its center for more sparkle.  I chose "Joy" because the name of the stamp is "Song of Joy".

Now it's your turn!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher


50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

11 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, both of your cards truly show Christmas in them. They are gorgeous! I am a CAS kind of girl so my eye is attracted to the first card with it's white space but I also love the script and everything else in the background of your second card. Thanks for sharing both of these.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) the little birds are adorable and I love the die cut sentiment on the first and background on the 2nd, both are fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

Lin these are both beautiful. I adore traditional/vintage Christmas cards and these are both just perfect x

Stephanie said...

Super sweet birdie cards, Lin! I love the simplicity of the top card with a big bold sentiment and the sparkly accents on the second card!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both lovely holiday cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lin - love that you have popped the star up and added the sequin
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards Lin...I love coming here to see what you have created, very inspiring mf.
xx Karen

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, what beautiful Christmas cards with these darling birds! I love each one, and what a great die on the first one for the sentiment. Your cards are always so inspiring, and I'm so excited about this challenge...even entered it. Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards with those sweet birds. Love the red touches.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Henry said...

Thank you for sharing those gorgeous looking holiday cards, Lin!!! Great inspiration before the holidays:)
Henry