Monday, November 13, 2017

Buffalo Plaid

I've been noticing (and enjoying) the buffalo plaid trend I'm seeing this season.  This plaid will always remind me of the Woolrich plaid that my Dad wore when hunting!   I decided to make a Christmas card using it.


supplies: 2 shades of kraft, Schoolhouse Red, and green card stock, Impression Obsession Painted Stripes cling, VersaFine Onyx black inks, Tim Holtz mini Holiday Greens dies, Winnie & Walter In a Word: Merry cutaway, May Arts natural twine

I stamped a big striped background cling vertically, then horizontally, and trimmed the panel out to allow for some of my card base to frame it.  The rest are all die-cuts.  I glued the greens only at the top of each branch to allow the rest of it to stand out a bit from the card, and I used 2 shades of kraft to give a kind of shadow to my sentiment.

Here's another, changing up to red against kraft:


supplies: kraft, Schoolhouse Red and green card stock, Impression Obsession Painted Stripes cling, Hero Arts Red Royal ink, Tim Holtz Holiday Words die, Hero Arts wreath die from a 2016 My Monthly Hero card kit, jingle bells and Natural twine

Same process as above, just added different embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous masculine cards...though they wouldn't have to be. Festive and perfect for the season.

Barbara said...

I love plaids and these cards are just beautiful! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous buffalo plaids, Lin - especially love the kraft and red with the wreath!!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I can definitely see the Woolrich plaid in the first card; also love the kraft background for a totally different look. Both are so natural and pretty looking.

Lisa Elton said...

The buffalo plaid is fabulous!! Wonderful country feel to these Lin, very pretty!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful plaid Lin. It really is on trend this year. I'm seeing plaid everywhere.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These are perfect, kinda classic Christmas cards.